SSAS & Power BI – Quick Start Guide
Supercharging Power BI with SQL Server Analysis Services – we call it creating a Semantic Data Model. Its the intelligent, centralized and secure layer between your data and your dashboard.
……and its not that hard.
We’ve created a video below which demystifies the introduction of SSAS into your Business Intelligence Solutions.
There are 5 steps to creating your basic semantic data model:
1) Select the type of SSAS Data Model
2) Create the Analysis Services Instance
3) Connect to the Data Sources
4) Model and Transform the Data: i) Join the various datasets together AND ii) Create meaningful measures using DAX
5) Build your Dashboard in Power BI
by Craig Juta